Monday, September 28, 2009

Cake Balls

Have you tried these yet?!? If not then you really should. I love them. I found them on Bakerella's website here.

you need:
1 cake mix box (your favorite kind)
1 can of frosting (your favorite kind)
1 package of chocolate or white chocolate bark.

Directions:
1. Bake cake (according to package) and let it cool completely.
2. Crumble cake into bowl and add the whole can of frosting. Mix well
3. Roll into small balls (I make 50)
4.. Let it sit in the fridge for several hours (or freezer if you don't want to wait as long)
5. Melt chocolate as directed on package (only do a few at a time). Dip in cake balls and set on tin foil to harden.

Other variations-Turn them in to cake pops (found here and She seriously makes the cutest pops ever.) In our house these are called princess pops. We had a princess party (you can see more pictures here) and these were the dessert-the name just stuck.

Or you can just stop after you put them in the fridge. My husband things they are too sweet but LOVES them without the chocolate coating. They are pretty tasty.

And here is a cute way to share them!

5 comments:

Melanie said...

They look yummy! My sister aka The Overachiever is going to make Jack-o-lantern cake pops. Or she says she will, she might give up after piping icing on that first cake pop :)

MaRiN said...

I have seen these many times but still haven't tried them. I really need to, yours look delish!

linda @ Craftaholics Anonymous said...

mmmmm!I think I'll have to try making those sometime.

Emily said...

Mmmmmm....I love cake balls. i just don't have time to make them as often as I want :) LOVE the cute box!

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

my good friend makes these for every baby shower! I love them!

Little Reminders



Related Posts with Thumbnails